Anyway, I've heard some rumblings from the masses that me counting down the days in my subject line might be a bit depressing, and that's probably true. I'll probably just stick to the subject because counting days for me is a calendar headache. Jack Bauer wouldn't do that anyway so I'll stick with the mantra WWJD (What Would Jack Do?). Not everyone knows that's what the acronym actually stands for.
We started getting half-days off yesterday, and today was my first one. I'll have Tuesday afternoons and Friday mornings. Today I took a two-hour nap, and it was fantastic! As a result, however, I'm getting a late start on this blog, and team introductions will have to wait until Friday morning. No complaining! I'll sick the Taliban on you. You all don't seriously think all I have to do is write this blog do you?
I skipped working on my Rosetta Stone Spanish for two days and need to get back to it, so I'll be doing that tonight. I'm also getting to like Facebook--at least I'm not as bad as my roomie, Aaron. I think he actually falls asleep at night on Facebook with his fingers on the keyboard. He needs an intervention, but we all prefer just laughing at him. You'll know who he is later.
Oh, I helped my nephew, Brayden, with a Flat Stanley project at school. His class was tasked with getting pictures of Flat Stanely in different parts of the US or the world. Obviously Jack qualifies as being in a different part of the world, so I took some photos. Here are a couple:
This one has Flat Stanley helping the troops by enforcing "the law," but it appears that he got stuck in the concertina wire.
Here's Flat Stanley with me and a sign saying "Hi" to Brayden (and Bailey).
And Flat Stanley is buying some lapis at the bazaar during some time off.
Well, that's all for now, Jack needs to start learning some more Spanish. Stay tuned for a Friday entry---Jack out!
1 comment:
Great! Just Great! Flat Stanley has now subjected our next fledgling generation into believing that "Deadly Force" is cool. Might as well show the kids what Flat Stanley does in his off hours...take of picture of him with the HOOKAH, why don't ya?
Post a Comment