Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Salerno-Day 37

Haven't a great last two days. The main problem is it sounds like the "powers that be" are thinking about combining elements of three different field engineering teams (FET) into one and moving that new team "temporarily" down to Kandahar. The FETs involved are, of course, ours, the one in Sharana and one at Jalalabad. About the only good news is that we went to combat skills training with all of them, so at least whoever went would know his teammates.

Needless to say, I'm not real happy about the decision-making process here. The Army tends to do this type of things to its soldiers, but the Air Force rarely makes this kind of move. Since we work for the Army here, I guess they just throw off the fact that we've become a pretty cohesive team and that we have really started to get familiar with Salerno and our customers.

Not sure how this is going to work out yet, but I hope the whole idea goes away. There are going to be a couple of really unhappy campers here if it happens. Not a good idea when you're already far away from home and have developed a routine to make life more comfortable. Moving now would be a real morale killer.

I'm going to introduce the team here shortly, but until this thing gets done or forgotten, I'll probably just vent for a while---P.O.ed Jack out!

No comments: