Anyway, as a visual tease (I'm taking more pictures today). Below is a picture of our entire team who I'll introduce in a later blog. I (because it's all about me) am next to the rock on the left.
This is a local "restaurant" on the FOB that serves lunch daily. He's called Aziz "the Baker," and he also sells jewelry and DVDs (as you can see in the background). Of course every Afghan on the FOB sells jewelry and DVDs, but he is the only one with a restaurant. That's because the entire FOB is leasing this land from him. Food was pretty darn good. We've been invited back today, but I'll probably go to the gym instead. It's the only activity here keeping me young and beautiful.
Here's the food Aziz was serving that day. There is no menu. You get what he's cooking that day. Don't ask me what it is, because the only thing I can readily identify is the rice, oh and the flat bread (naan).
Nothing much going on the last few days. It was rainy and cold all day yesterday, but today is starting out beautifully. Not a cloud in the sky. I need to go look at all my projects today, and I'll take some more pictures of the base. Heard the President is sending us more troops, but we don't yet know how much more work that's going to be for us. It doesn't really matter, though, because it's not like we really have anything else to do. We'll make room for them if they come.
That's all for now---Jack out!
1 comment:
Who is the guy on the right, Lurch Mohammed? Man, I do not envy your food intake. Looks like a good group of guys you work with. Stay well
Post a Comment