Toby took a while to get to the building. We showed up at about 7:15pm and he was supposed to be on stage at 8:15. He actually didn't get there until 8:40. It got pretty hot in there especially since we were all standing--no chairs. You can see from the picture below how packed in we were, although there was plenty of room in the back, and hearing him and the band was not a problem.
You can see from the next picture just how close I was. You'd never get that close in a concert in the states. His concert was GREAT! Let's see, he sang "As Good As I Once Was", "Whiskey Girl", "American Soldier", "I Love This Bar", "Beer For My Horses", "Who's Your Daddy", "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue", "Should've Been A Cowboy", "Weed With Willie", "Runnin' Block", and a couple more I can't remember.
He is a HUGE troop supporter. He's been to deployed locations nine times, and let me tell you, it's no picnic for him when he's here. Apparently he's here for about two weeks, hits at least two FOBs a day and plays a concert every night. Combine that with the jet lag, and what you have is devotion and runnin' on fumes.
While looking for some of his songs, I found this video on Amazon. He explains why he does what he does for us, and it's definitely not just to sell his albums. Be sure to check it out.
Jack OUT!
No comments:
Post a Comment