Well we've almost been here for three weeks, and I'm still getting warm showers. You know your standards are getting low when that's the highlight of your day. Oh, and the fact that we know have cheese and milk at the DFAC (dining facility for those of you who aren't regularly following the blog)----oh, if you're getting this emailed to you, that's ONLY because you're one of the ten people I've chosen to receive this via email. All of these entries are on my blog at crosnoe.blogspot.com. Also, if I decide I don't like you for some reason.....you're OUT of the circle and you'll just have to go to the blog to see my mindless drivel.
Went to the bazaar again Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. You see Thursday I bought two sets of computer speakers. I brought them back to my hooch and realized that they were for 220v power. I realize this is Afghanistan, but this WHOLE base is 110v. WHO would buy (or sell at that rate) 220v speakers. Obviously someone like me who doesn't read the damn box. I couldn't take them back on Friday because it's the muslim sabbath, so I brought them back on Saturday. After being told that the next set was 110v, I got them back to my office where I, again, discovered they were also 220v. Back to the bazaar they went where I had to physically rip open boxes until I found some that are just USB powered. Bought two of those, found out one set didn't work, and headed to the bazaar again yesterday to replace that set. Wasn't that just a fantastic story. Hey, you didn't have to read it!
Anyway, I believe my next quest at the bazaar will be lapis lazuli (Google it) and precious stones. Don't know how that'll turn out, but be sure you'll hear about it. I brought some tools with me to help me out in discerning real from fake so we'll see how I do.
Thank GOD for ESPN radio streaming and available to download off the web. If you've ever heard any of the local music over here, it's enough to drive you crazy. The best way to refer to it is techno-yodelling. Can't take that. Give me Mike and Mike, Cowherd, Tirico, and Van Pelt any day. At least until the weekend when these shows don't air, and I have to dip into the archives.
Well that's all for now--Jack out!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment