Well I managed to run around the entire base today on a Polaris. For those of you who don't know what that is it's kind of like a souped up golf cart with lots of ground clearance. I had to check on my projects for a meeting tomorrow. It was kind of fun getting out of the office for a while. Fridays are good days to do that since it's the Muslim sabbath, and most of them don't work. That means no contractors bothering me, i.e. paperwork and catching up day.
We're getting psyched here for the Superbowl. The only thing that doesn't make me psyched is that it starts at about 3:30am Monday morning here. Be that as it may, I am going to do my best to get my butt out of bed and go watch it. Might take a little nap the afternoon before.
Fridays are also surf and turf night at the DFAC (Dining FACility). They had steak and lobster tonight. The lobster was good, but this is the second Friday in a row that they've grilled the steak into shoe leather. It's nice to have that kind of food, though, when you're out here. The weather's also still nice, and I hope it stays that way.
That's all for now---Jack out!
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope you're able to watch the superbowl way over there yonder... here in these parts in Iowa DirecTV is having a hey-day and I can't see a freakin' thing.
Post a Comment