Thursday, January 15, 2009

"To Make Benefit the Glorious Nation of Kyrgyzstan"

Well we finally got to Kyrgyzstan yesterday afternoon. More specifically its capital, Bishkek. Damn it's cold! That plane flight always sucks, but at least we field grade officers got to sit in the first class section. We didn't get the first class service, but the seats made all the difference in the world. Last time I flew here, only O6 equivalents and above got to sit in the first class section. Coach was a tough ride.

Anyway, we're sleeping in a big open-bay tent with bunk beds. Definitely better than an airline seat. We don't expect to be here more than a day, but the military can always change that on us. From here we'll fly to Bagram AB, Afghanistan where we'll spend a couple of days in-processing and waiting on what most likely will be a helicopter to our final destination (Salerno).

Free time today will be spent doing some laundry, surfing the internet, shopping at the BX (base exchange which is like a Walmart only much smaller) and I might even get a massage. Yes, it's just one of the percs of the job. Hey, there aren't many, so I have to take 'em when I can get 'em!

I write next time from Bagram.................Jack Bauer out!

No comments: