Well after the last couple of weeks I feel kind of guilty not having much material to share this go around, but sometimes Jack just likes a peaceful week. We've had a bunch of rain, and the temperature has plummeted (yes 50 deg. is a plummet for us), but not so much that I've had to drag out what cold weather stuff I haven't mailed home.
Also, I'm getting a bit sick and tired of controlled detonations. In case you don't know, the Army's got to do something with all of the ordinance it takes from the bad guys. So guess what the EOD (explosive ordinance disposal) guys get to do? They get to live every guy's dream. They get to blow sh** up! Well depending on just how much they have, it can either sound like a firecracker or damn near blow your building down with the shockwave. There were a couple this week where I actually had to look down and see if I soiled my office chair.
Good news, the Cardinals started playing yesterday. Bad news, they lost to Pittsburgh. No one loses to Pittsburgh! At least I've subscribed to MLB's Game Day Audio so I can hear the games live or archived. I usually fire up the previous day's game when I get to the office in the morning. Since all but one of us are Cardinal fans no one seems to mind. Actually, we think that Aaron (the non-Cardinal fan) just might be Taliban since he roots for the Diamondbacks. Good thing there's going to be a good old-fashioned ass-whoopin' by the Cardinals over the D-backs next week. That ought to shut him up.
That's all for this time. Fire a comment at me if you have time. Jack, of course, reviews all comments prior to posting, but he is, at least, a benevolent dictator---Jack out!
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
By the time i get this posting a comment from your blog down, you will be home, but that is a GOOD thing.......i got bumped out of the Jack fan club....as David went to Hou and I was left on my own to watch "dancing with the stars" for an hour and then switch to Jack and I forgot....sad but true...oh well when i have my very own "Jack" to follow in the real world who needs it, besides I know Kris has recorded and we will be doing our marathon soon....keep up the good work and go Cardinals....Vikki
Post a Comment