Well we made it here, but our living conditions have gone downhill fast. We are in an actual tent with about 100 guys sleeping on cots. At least I was able to pull out my sleeping bag and pillow before we stowed our bags at the PAX terminal (airport). The worst part is the cold shower I had to endure this morning. I doubt I'll have any warm showers while I'm here. Also, as a matter of deja vu, I forgot how loud the fighters and helicopters were flying out of here all hours of the night. It made sleeping sound the whole night a little difficult, but I did pretty well. I think some of the other guys who weren't aware of the night maneuvers where a little taken aback and didn't get as much sleep. They'll get used to it eventually. It's part of the orientation ;).
On a positive note, the people we're working for, Task Force Castle, are going to be letting us know if there are going to be any missions (helicopter or otherwise) being flown tomorrow. Until we know that later this afternoon, we won't even know if we have a chance of getting out of here tomorrow. Apparently Bagram is really backed up trying to get people out of here after the bout of bad weather they had that kept us at Manas AB so long. That's all for now---Jack out!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment